Sunday, June 30, 2013

Where in the world is... Erin? :)

As I'm sitting here in a coffee shop trying to shock myself into "grad school mode," it's simply not happening because all I can think about right now is the goodness of the Father and how active and real He is in my life.  The past few days I have been thinking about starting up a blog because I want to be able to share with anyone who will listen what all He is doing in my life these days.  The only way He can receive full glory is if I share - and how much more can you share something these days than on the internet, right??  Probably anyone who knows me may understand my lack of technology and apatheticness towards it - I just love simplicity and that is something that I can do without. That is why I have labelled my phone my "E-phone" and honestly have no current desire to change that until I am absolutely forced into it. :)  I am not here to give some fancy presentation (who knows, maybe eventually I will figure out how to doll things up a bit), but I just simply want to give friends and family a glimpse of my life here in what I like to call "Clark-i-stan."

So here's a little recap of my past 5 years:
- I lived in Ethiopia for 2 years.
- Came back and did campus min for one year until the Father redirected my steps.
- Was handed a teaching job at Providence Chr. Academy teaching music where I just finished my 2nd year.  

The beautiful thing about where my job is closely located?  It's near Clarkston, GA which is the most concentrated area in the entire world for refugees with over 80 languages in one square mile - hello, nations!!  And guess who one of the leading people groups is?  That's right - Ethiopians!!  When I first journeyed this way, I purposefully did not move directly into Clarkston because I knew that this was going to be a more long-term thing for me and wanted to avoid burn-out.  I have scanned the scene for 2 years and found where I feel like the Father wants me to plant my roots - a ch plant called Reach The Nations.  You can check it out at rtnatlanta.com.   The focus of this is bringing ALL nations together in w'ship as ONE body since there is a lot of segregation among different people groups.  It is one of the hardest things I have ever been a part of but also one of the most beautiful.  Imagine trying to bridge ALL cultures and be sensitive to ALL of them at one time.  Yes, it takes an insane amount of gr'ce that I am constantly asking the Father for.  There are 3 pastors that are a part of it - an American, Ethiopian and one from Figi.

Although I am not currently on the other side of the world, my heart has not changed in the slightest for the nations.  What an amazing the story the Father has given me because now I have a very unique skill set that not many people in the area have.  And my latest news?  At the end of the summer, I will actually be moving into Clarkston into one of the refugee apartment complexes!!!!  And an even more beautiful part of this story?  The Father has graciously provided me with a roommate who is about to return from being a part of my outer team in Ethio as well.  That is what my sweet J's's does.  Not only does He give me this beautiful place to live but also gives me someone who shares the same heart and knows my experiences - and I, hers.

So there is a little recap on where I am at now and what I am doing.  And so you don't think that I am crazy - I am censoring things on here so that friends all over the world can be up to date as well no matter what country they are living in! :)

Seeking to follow where He leads,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment