Yes, you probably thought I was never actually going to post on here again, seeing that it's been since... June. :) Really, I am just trying to get you out of the American mindset that things should be done in a timely fashion and thinking you know when to expect something... So, SURPRISE! Here we go again! :)
- Second half of the summer was nuts b/c I was taking two online grad classes and preparing to move in the midst of all that into one of the Refugee Resettlement apartment complexes. Had a couple of camps to speak at during that too... blah, blah, blah. The Father completely provided me with a roommate to move to Clarkston with and she actually just came back from living in Ethio for two years as well! How incredible is that??? She was a part of my larger team there after I was and that's how we got connected. She was still gone so I was trying to get everything set up by myself and that was just nuts... and took a really long time. I paid early to try and move in before Providence (school I teach at) started b/c I knew I wouldn't have much time then and I had my two classes still going on. That was a great idea in theory... but was an absolute mess when it all went down. Basically, nothing worked in my apartment: needed new carpet b/c there was a pet there before, AC didn't work, dishwasher didn't work and there was a broken window. Yeah, that really stunk. SO I fought for several days and had already prepared to move my stuff in so most of it sat in my kitchen for a week and a half b/c I wasn't about to put it all down before they changed the carpet. Long story short, I basically lived out of my car for a week, had to sing in a wedding in Auburn AL in the middle of that, slept on the extra bed at the old house some and was going INSANE b/c my life was all over the place all while trying to finish up my two classes and start back to Providence as well. Yeah, it wasn't fun and I literally had no time... not even to get done what I needed to!
No comments:
Post a Comment